Monday, October 24, 2011

New season of Bike Shows

So, there's a new season of bike shows fast approaching, and dammit this year, I'm going to make it to one. Ended up working last year when the international motorcycle show rolled through the Georgia Congress Center, so I didn't get a chance to make it out.

Here's a new thought- I went with a buddy a while back to a Harley dealership. He was wanting to check out a Wide Glide- pretty sweet looking ride, and I asked about the dark custom book. Is that thing still around? The salesgirl said she didn't know what I was talking about, so of course I wasn't quite "up to snuff" with her way of selling the damn bike, but there was so much that went around two years ago about the thing that I was wondering if it even still exists. Anyway, enough of that.

Turns out Yamaha's got a new ride coming out for 2012, an ultra-limited edition Raider variant, the Raider SCL. Looks pretty good from here behind the keyboard! It's got a slick custom paint job and apparently will be limited to a production run of just 500 units. Limited, indeed! I'm not sure it's worth $19,000, but hey, to each their own, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment